The Andromeda Legacy™: The Expansion of a Shrinking Universe
First Annual IF Competition, Ed. 2012
//// The Rules ////
• You can use whatever programming tool you want to build a piece of IF based on the Award Non-winning game Andromeda Awakening by Marco Innocenti.
• It can be a traditional text adventure or a CYOA, with everything that stands in the middle (really: what you want/like)
• The game must be at least one room and can span to multitudes.
• The game can be puzzle-less or a puzzle-fest.
• The game can be a SpeedIF or a Blue Lacuna In Space.
• The game CAN or CANNOT include PC or NPCs from the original game.
• The game CAN or CANNOT include the Hyerotropes™.
• The game can be set before, after or during the events narrated in the original IF.
• The game can be serious, ironic or laughable at. Whatever.
• The game MUST NOT try and change the course of history as it is told in the original IF.
• The game MUST NOT try and change the existing setting of the original IF (i.e.: Monarch has three suns, not two or one or four).
• The game MUST be freeware or CC or whatever, as long as it is shareable and free to play.
• You are highly recommended to have your game betatested and proofread.
• You can ask Marco Innocenti whatever question you like about your or his game, in order to do the best job you can.
• PM me or email Marco Innocenti (minnocenti <chiocciolina> kidstudio <punto> it) for a recap of the known facts about the lore of Andromeda Awakening (in case you didn't finish/understand the original game or want a recap anyway).
//// Legal Notice ////
The material included inside the Competition's entrants WILL NOT become intellectual property of Marco Innocenti but will stay of the various original authors (that means what I've done stays mine, what you add is yours).
//// The Prizes ////
Oh, yes, there are prizes too!
A Jury (who's judgement is final etc. etc…) will be organized to judge the entrants. There will be only one challenge, the Best Game. No "best writing", "best setting", "best innovations", "best BigMac". If no jury will be assembled, Marco Innocenti will be the sole judge. Who's judgement will be final etc. etc...
If you have time and will you are eligible to be a judge, as long as you are not in the competition as an author.
Yours truly is willing to donate for the winning titles:
Winner: € 150
2nd: € 100
3rd: € 50
If you are filthy rich as Marco Innocenti wants to become, you are eligible to donate more prizes, and/or add categories for the Awards.
//// The Deadline ////
• You must submit a FREE "I'm interested in this" registration before: April 30th, 2012, 23h59 Central European Time.
• Your games must be submitted directly to Marco Innocenti via PM or email (minnocenti <chiocciolina> kidstudio <punto> it) before: June 30, 2012, 23h59 Central European Time.
• The winners will be celebrated on: July 31st. When and where I'll find soon enuf.
//// Entry Fee ////
The Competition is completely free.